The village of Saint-Eugène-d’Argentenay follows the meandering Aux-Rats River. The first pioneers settled in the area (featured in the novel Maria Chapdelaine) in 1895, then around the little white church and the metal cross that shines like a beacon in the night.
Several sites were developed to give access to the main natural attractions. The rest stop at Évelyne falls offers picnic areas by the river. In the heart of the village, the Rivière aux Rats park offers a shelter, a dock, a boat launch, and brand new water games. Summer theatre offered by the municipality combines comedy and history inside the church.