Ranking among the most prestigious singing contests in Canada, le Festival de la chanson de Saint-Ambroise lets you discover our next generation of artists. Come appreciate and enjoy the talent of up and coming performers from all over Quebec. You will get to enjoy creative singers and singer-songwriters who are determined and ready to entertain you for an evening.
The Festival de la chanson de Saint-Ambroise, the regional recipient of the "Grands Prix du tourisme québécois 2012" , is known for its innovation and creativity and is constantly renewing itself to bring programming that will exceed your expectations.
On top of the singing contest, le Festival de la chanson de Saint-Ambroise, also brings you shows performed at the Cabaret St-Ambroise. These showcases will give you the opportunity to make wonderful new discoveries by presenting new artists who are breaking unto the Quebec music scene.
Other complementary activities such as diner and supper shows are also available for your enjoyment.
It was in 1992 that the first edition of the Festival took place at the Socio-Cultural Complex of Saint Ambroise.
The Saint-Ambroise Song Festival is a major event for the Municipality of Saint-Ambroise and the economic and media benefits are impressive, not only for the Municipality, but also for the entire Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region.
Over the years, with the tremendous help of prestigious companies, the Festival is one of the most important singing competitions in Quebec. It is more precisely the second largest singing contest in the province.
- 1992: The competition takes place at the Marcel Claveau Amphitheater and can accommodate up to 1,600 people seated.
- 1995: the Festival goes to the provincial level.
- 1997: A training component is created. Since then, participants have the privilege of attending very formative artistic workshops.
- 1998: The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation records the final broadcast on the Canadian network.
- 2003: We receive more than 6,000 visitors from all over Quebec.
- 2010: The Festival celebrates its 20th anniversary and now lasts 9 days.
- 2011: New part of the Festival: Cabaret St-Ambroise.
- 2018 : The festival welcomes Laurence Jalbert
- 2019 : The festival proposes a supper-show of 2 brothers, Erik and Sonny